Over time, some lines can appear on the delicate and thin skin of the lower eyelid, giving a wrinkled aspect to that area. That delicate area is very sensitive to smoking and sun exposure. Different techniques can be used in order to resurface the lower eyelid.
- Mesotherapy will help rehydrate the delicate area and will bring all the elements it needs to become supple. The treatment is performed in the office. Three(3) sessions a month a month apart are usually recommended in order to obtain a satisfying and long-lasting result.
- Hyaluronic acid can be used too. However, the product used should be suited to this delicate area and will not offer a complete disappearance of the lines. Hyaluronic acid will be used in the lower part of the lower eyelid, not at the border of the eye.
- Some lasers can offer a significant enhancement of the quality of the lower eyelid skin. The treatment must be carried out by a specialist since the eye contour is a very delicate area. Natalie Rajaonarivelo will give patients who wish the contact details of an experienced colleague.
- A moderate peel will help obtaining a visible result with 1 or 2 sessions by resurfacing the skin of the lower eyelid. Sun exposure must be avoided during the treatment in order to avoid dyschromia, pigmentation disorders.
- Botulinum toxin is usually not used to treat the lower eyelid lines because of the high risk of ectropion, lower eyelid lifted down.
- Finally, a blepharoplasty can be performed in order to erase the lower bags. The incision will be made at the base of the lashes and the treatment will tighten the skin by removing excess skin. The resection will be moderate in order to avoid a retraction of the lower eyelid.