Blepharoplasty is the surgery aiming at treating the eyelid area. It usually consists of correcting the tired look of the glance by giving it a more relaxed appearance.
The corrections can treat the following:
- Drooping heavy upper eyelids with a skin excess
- Under-eye bags in the lower eyelids area
- Falling eyebrows which give a sad look
- Wrinkles in the eye area, horizontal under the eye or external -crow’s feet.
- Hollow under-eye
These corrections are suited to men and women and are usually performed on those who are 40 or older. Crow’s feet and under-eye lines may be treated with aesthetic medicine whereby no surgery is needed (botulinum toxin and hyaluronic acid).
Before the procedure
Please allow yourself an unavailability period of 1 to 8 days after surgery. An ophthalmologic evaluation will be prescribed, and in case of dry eye syndrome, patients will need to use artificial tears.
A homeopathic preparation with arnica (5CH) can be taken 3 to 4 days before the surgery in order to limit bruising.
The surgery is usually done in the day care department and lasts from 1 to 2 hours. A local anesthesia may be sufficient, but a mild sedatve may be used as a complement.
- Upper eyelids : the scars are situated in the eyelid’s midway point and they are very discreet. If an internal hernia -fatty pocket in the inner eye corner- is identified, it will be treated at the same time.
- Lower eyelids: in case of isolated pockets, the scar is situated inside the eye and it is completely invisible. If the pockets have a large size, they may be associated with hollow under-eyes and a lipofilling may be carried out in order to avoid a hollow effect after the blepharoplasty. In case of major skin excess, a scar will be located under the eyelashes. It heals quickly and does not leave any visible mark.
After the procedure
There is no real pain, but possibly a feeling of pressure in the eyelids.
- Please ask someone to help take you home.
- Patients will wear smoke-tinted glasses which will help the eyes to rest.
- Physiological serum single doses can be placed in the fridge and used to refresh the eyes and help reduce the edema more quickly.
- Visual fatigue, TV, reading, should be avoided for a week.
Slight bruising may appear after the treatment, it will disappear in about 8 days.
If stitches are required, they will be removed on the 4th day after surgery.
Patients can use make up one week after the treatment.
Les photos montrent, avec son consentement, les clichés de la même personne avant et après traitement. Aucune retouche n’a été effectuée. Il est important de souligner que le résultat attendu est propre à chaque personne.