Introducing the hyaluronic acid injections
Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the skin which diminishes in quantity over time. Together with its disappearance, wrinkles become more marked and the face starts deepening.
With aging, the fat tissues of the face melt and the face loses its juvenile appearance and becomes more skeletal.
A hyaluronic acid injection will help correct those signs of aging in a simple and fast way.
- Nasolabial folds, bitterness folds, labia and chin folds…
- Wrinkles and perioral folds.
The use of hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid can also be considered in order to embellish the face by giving volume where needed.
- Lips (volume and contour)
- Hollow and lack of volume: hollow under-eye, cheekbones, chin, face oval, cheeks, nose
- Face oval: hyaluronic acid can be used to reshape the oval of the face thereby sometimes avoiding a surgical lift.
- Nose: the “five minutes nose job” has been developed in United States. It consists of using hyaluronic acid to correct a light bump or asymmetry without surgery.
Advice before getting anti-wrinkle injections
Aspirin-based medication should be avoided for 8 days before the treatment and we recommend the intake of a homeopathic preparation (arnica) 2 days before the surgery.
When treating lips, a complementary anaesthesia will be performed just before the injection.
The treatment lasts a few minutes.
You can use make up immediately after the injections.
Intensive solar exposure, sauna and hammam are strongly advised against for 2 days following the session.
You can go back to your normal activities after the injections, except for the above.
The results usually last from 10 to 18 months.
Types of hyaluronic acid used
Doctor Rajao usually uses the following products:
- Weakly reticulated acid for the fine lines: Restylane®, Restylane Vital® (Qmed laboratory).
- Acid composed specifically for the lips: Juvederm Smile®, Volbella®(Allergan laboratory).
- Weakly reticulated acid for the moderate lines: Surgiderm®, Juverderm Ultra 3®, Juvederm Ultra 4® (Allergan laboratory).
- Highly reticulated acid for volumetric treatment: Voluma® (Allergan laboratory) or SubQ® (Qmed laboratory).
Les photos montrent, avec son consentement, les clichés de la même personne avant et après traitement. Aucune retouche n’a été effectuée. Il est important de souligner que le résultat attendu est propre à chaque personne.